Caruso
Customer Login

Caruso's History

Caruso History

Front and Vine Streets, 1966

1932
The Sam Caruso Fruits and Vegetable Company is founded by Samuel A. Caruso, located at 814 W. Court Street, downtown Cincinnati, Ohio – a 4,000 sq. ft. warehouse
1957
Sam Caruso merges with Ciresi Bros., forming Caruso-Ciresi Inc. Jim Caruso, Sr. is named President, located at Front and Vine Streets - 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse
1968
Caruso-Ciresi moves to a new location to make way for Riverfront Stadium, locating at 305 West Second Street (Second and Plum) - 28,000 sq. ft. warehouse
1980
Jim Caruso Sr. transfers stock ownership to his four sons, Kevin, Mike,
Steve & Jim Jr.
1986
Kevin Caruso is named President and his sister Karen Caruso joins company
1991
Caruso expands to a 2nd location in a northern suburb of Cincinnati, located at 4621 Interstate Dr - 55,000 sq. ft. warehouse
1998
Caruso consolidates to northern Cincinnati location to make way for Paul Brown Stadium
1999
Kevin and Mike Caruso sell their ownership shares to brothers Jim and Steve Caruso. Kevin and Karen depart to pursue other interests. Jim Caruso, Jr. is named President and Steve Caruso is named Executive Vice-President
2003
Caruso purchases current location 3465 Hauck Rd - 155,000 sq ft warehouse
 
 
2009
Caruso expands to a 2nd location in Ephrata, Pennsylvania 
2010
Fourth generation becomes involved as Jim's daughter Stephanie and Steve's son Tim join the company
2011
Caruso expands to a 3rd location in Richmond, VA
 
 
2014
Caruso expands to a 4th location in Indianapolis, IN